131 S Water St,
In 1814, John C. Plumer built 131 South Water Street on the banks of the Youghiogheny River, for himself and his new bride, Elizabeth, upon his returned from the War of 1812. In 1846, a 2-story brick addition was added to the Federal-style clapboard house. Today, the oldest building in West Newton still stands, and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The 9 room home features classic millwork, plank flooring, mantels & fireplaces, the original smokehouse and a quiet spot overlooking the river. The home is located near the business district, and across the bridge from the Great Allegheny Passage, part of a recreational trail network connecting Pittsburgh to Washington DC. It is zoned commercial/residential, opening a world of uses for a buyer with the dream of restoring a historic home and reimagining a new chapter in its history. A bed and breakfast serving trail users, an intimate restaurant, event space, or a glorious single family house, all possibilities are open.
County School District